A.SPIRE is Hiring: Project/Programme Manager (M/F)
Project / Programme Manager (M/F)
A.SPIRE is a non-profit European Association managing and implementing the SPIRE Public-Private Partnership, an instrument of the European Commission’s programme for research & innovation, Horizon2020. It represents eight European industrial sectors (i.e. cement, ceramics, chemicals, engineering, minerals and ores, non-ferrous metals, steel and water) and the research & innovation interests of more than 150 members (companies and research & technology organisations).
As a Project/Programme Manager, you will have 3 to 5 years of experience in EU project management and you will be directly responsible of four main areas:
1/ Management of projects in which A.SPIRE participates as a partner organization (~10 % of time)
2/ Overview of SPIRE projects portfolio, monitoring their impact and identification of success stories. You will contribute with technological understanding and will define how the association can contribute to maximizing impact (~30% of time)
3/ SPIRE programme development related tasks, such as having an overview of H2020 SPIRE calls and of the developments of H2020/Horizon Europe and related programmes, support to internal advisory board and working groups (~50% of time)
4/ Internal budget overview, planning and control (~10% of time)
You will report directly to the Executive Director and will collaborate with the rest of the team to ensure completion of all the yearly goals of the association, including membership development and relations with other stakeholders.
- Overall management and implementation of the A.SPIRE’s actions as project partner, including WP leadership when relevant.
- Projects’ budget & efforts control, reporting and contribution to deliverables
- Management of projects legal aspects (e.g. Grant and Consortium agreements, confidentiality aspects, et al.)
- Plan activities for the upcoming year, set priorities and estimate budget
- Track and control compliance with the allocated budget (projects and association), prepare reports for Board of Directors (in support to the Executive Director)
SPIRE PROJECTS’ IMPACT MONITORING & SUPPORT
- Keep a fluent communication with project coordinators on the projects’ developments.
- Represent A.SPIRE in SPIRE projects’ kick-off meetings when required.
- Capturing progress, knowledge and technological developments generated from the projects. Analyze data and elaborate statistics and reports assessing impact.
- Identify success stories and identify tools to maximize impact. Set up mechanisms to support the effective transferability and exploitation of finished projects’ results.
- Support information exchange between projects which address the same calls and related areas across sectors (including joint events).
PROGRAMME RELATED & MEMBERSHIP INVOLVEMENT
- Support in targeted actions for the eight sectors and in gathering and editing information related to calls for proposals, news or other relevant documents (in collaboration with the Executive Director)
- Deal with the management and engagement of SPIRE working groups and members in general.
- Support the WGs in the development of proposals and ad-hoc documents.
- Deal with the relationship of SPIRE with other PPPs
- Organize and collaborate in the organization of targeted events/meetings to involve SPIRE community (e.g. thematic workshops).
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE – REQUIRED
PLEASE, ABSTAIN FROM SENDING AN APPLICATION IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
• University degree in business administration, political science, international relations or related field. A degree in engineering or other technical area related to A.SPIRE sectors would be a great asset.
• Minimum three years of experience in EU affairs with excellent knowledge of EU policy making
• Experience as project manager in European and R&I innovation projects within H2020 (or other R&I programmes) is essential
• Knowledge of the context of SPIRE sectors and of Energy Intensive Industries in general will be highly considered
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND LANGUAGES
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Other languages are an asset
• Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Outlook and MS Office (Word, Excel)
• Experience in project management
• Proactive, able to work autonomously and to take full responsibility of assigned tasks in short time
• Capacity to structure complex content into simple and reader-friendly documents (e.g. policy, technical documents, reports…); delivering high-quality results is essential for this role.
• Should be well organized and with high capacity to programme well in advance and to retro-plan.
• Capacity of analysis, flexible and open-minded
• A team player with real social and communication skills and good at multi-tasking in a collaborative and helpful spirit
• Ready to work with us in a small team and also with our members and other stakeholders
• A sense of diplomacy and community is very important.
• Flexible availability for events and other ad-hoc meetings in Brussels and Europe is needed.
In A.SPIRE, we really enjoy working together in a good, happy and positive team spirit. You will be integrated in a dynamic, stimulating and challenging work environment. You will work in a cross-sectorial, innovative and international setting focusing on future-oriented services.
Our policy is of non-discrimination on virtue of gender, origin, religion or other.
Starting date: immediate
If you see yourself in this role, please send your CV and motivation letter to Elisabeth Meinertzhagen at email@example.com before the 19th February 2020.