A.SPIRE Temporary job vacancy: Event and Communication Assistant
A.SPIRE is looking for a Communication and Events Assistant (M/F)
A.SPIRE is a European Association that represents ten European industrial sectors (i.e. cement, ceramics, chemicals, engineering, minerals and ores, non-ferrous metals, steel, water, refining and pulp&paper) and the research & innovation interests of more than 170 members (companies, research & technology organisations et al.).
As Communication and Events Assistant, you will support the team in the activities to build a new brand identity for Processes4Planet co-programmed partnership while innovating the association’s communication systems and organizing events, workshops and other activities for A.SPIRE members.
A successful candidate is expected to have a high level of autonomy at work, taking full responsibility for his/her tasks while having a great teamwork spirit.
• Coordinate the organisation of workshops and events: prepare and follow-up budget, invite speakers and participants, set up online registration, prepare and distribute agendas, prepare a list of participants and related documents, set up virtual meeting tools, take care of all related logistics, etc.
• Prepare meeting/event material, layouts, presentations, etc.
• Coordinate follow-up communication after events.
• Operate A.SPIRE’s internal collaboration tools.
• Manage the main channels of communication (website, social media, newsletters, info campaigns, etc.)
• Generate content for social media, news releases, newsletters, etc.
• Support A.SPIRE team members in defining and implementing communication and member engagement strategy.
• Prepare presentations, small publications, manage relations with providers. OTHER
• Organise and maintain contacts databases,
• Provide information and communicate with potential new members.
• Support the team in other ad-hoc assignments related to the day-to-day activities of the association.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Degree in communications, public relations, events management or related studies.
• Experience in a similar position in communications or public relations.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Should be able to work autonomously with little supervision.
• Should be well organised, flexible and open-minded.
• Should be able to set priorities, follow strict deadlines, be proactive.
• Should have good IT skills (Outlook, Office 365) and communication tools knowledge & understanding.
• Knowledge and experience within the European context in Brussels would be highly considered.
• Very good writing and communication skills and a sense of diplomacy.
• Excellent spoken and written English and French.
Please note that this is a temporary position for 2-3 months. Interested? Please send your CV and cover letter to Evelina Paunksnyte (firstname.lastname@example.org).