European Week for Waste Reduction 22-30 November 2014
The European Week for Waste Reduction is an initiative aiming to promote the implementation of awareness-raising actions about sustainable resource and waste management during a single week. This year the European Week for Waste Reduction 2014 will take place from 22 to 30 November.
The European Week for Waste Reduction (EWWR) encourages a wide range of audiences (public authorities, private companies, civil society as well as citizens themselves) to get involved.
This year’s edition of the EWWR will have a special focus on food waste prevention in the scope of the Prevention Thematic Days 2014.
EWWR’s objectives are:
- to raise awareness about waste reduction, product reuse and material recycling strategies, and related European Union and Member States policies,
- to highlight the work accomplished by EWWR participants,
- to mobilise and encourage European citizens to concentrate on four key action themes,
- to reinforce EWWR stakeholders’ capacities by providing them with targeted communication tools and training,
- to assess the impact of communication actions on concrete behaviour change regarding consumption and waste management patterns.
Before the EWWR 2014, there are three other main events taking place in May:
- Let's Clean Up Europe: On 10 May 2014, the European Clean-Up Day will take place for the first time.
- International conference: An international conference on waste expertise sharing and awareness-raising will take place on 22 May 2014. The event will be organized by AICA and will be held with the participation of European professionals in the field of the 3Rs: reduce, reuse, and recycle.
- The awards ceremony: On the evening of the international conference on 22 May 2014, the best EWWR actions of the 2013 edition will be rewarded with the EWWR awards.
For more information please visit http://www.ewwr.eu/