Project/Programme Manager (M/F) - Deadline extended
Open position at A.SPIRE
A.SPIRE is a non-profit European Association managing and implementing the SPIRE Public-Private Partnership, an instrument of the European Commission’s programme for research & innovation, Horizon2020. It represents eight European industrial sectors (i.e. cement, ceramics, chemicals, engineering, minerals and ores, non-ferrous metals, steel and water) and the research & innovation interests of more than 140 members (companies and research & technology organisations). The mission of A.SPIRE is to ensure the development of enabling technologies and best practices along all the stages of large scale existing value chain productions that will contribute to a resource efficient process industry.
We are looking for a young professional with technical background. As project/programme manager, you will be responsible of having an overview of SPIRE projects and SPIRE calls within H2020. You will keep a fluent communication with SPIRE projects’ coordinators and will follow-up the projects developments with particular attention to impact, contributing with technological understanding. You will define and implement the support needed for finished SPIRE projects, especially in relation to exploitation. You will collaborate with the Communication and Advocacy Manager in communication related to transferability of projects’ results and will be in charge of events targeted specifically to projects. You will also manage A.SPIRE’s contribution to projects in which we are partners. You will report directly to the Executive Director of the association and will support her in targeted internal projects with A.SPIRE Working Groups.
SPIRE PROJECTS’ MONITORING AND SUPPORT
- Keep a fluent communication with project coordinators on the projects’ developments.
- Represent A.SPIRE in SPIRE projects’ kick-off meetings when required.
- Support in capturing progress, knowledge and technological developments generated from the projects. Analyze data and elaborate statistics and reports assessing impact.
PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT & TARGETED ACTIONS
- Support in targeted actions for the eight sectors and in gathering and editing information related to calls for proposals, news or other relevant documents (in collaboration with the Executive Director)
- Collaboration with SPIRE working groups
- Set up mechanisms to support the effective transferability and exploitation of finished projects’ results.
- Support information exchange between projects which address the same calls and related areas across sectors (including joint events);
- Support the link between projects, consortia and the full SPIRE community;
- Organize and collaborate in the events addressed to SPIRE projects: (in collaboration with the Communication and Advocacy Manager).
PROJECT MANAGEMENT OF A.SPIRE PROJECTS
- Overall management and implementation of the A.SPIRE actions as project partner.
- WP leadership (in WP where A.SPIRE is the leader).
- Projects’ budget control, reporting and contribution to deliverables
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in engineering or other area related to A.SPIRE process industry sectors. (REQUIRED; please, abstain from applying if you have a policy or related areas degree)
- A master in a related subject would be an asset.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience
- Experience in European and R&I innovation projects, preferably on H2020 and on areas related to industry and SPIRE sectors
- Understanding of EU policies related to circular economy, sustainability assessment, digitizing Europe or related
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND LANGAUGES
- Excellent spoken and written English. Other languages are an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Outlook and MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Experience in project management
- Should be well organized, flexible and open-minded
- Proactive, able to work autonomously and to take full responsibility of assigned tasks in short time
- A team player with real social and communication skills and good at multi-tasking in a collaborative and helpful spirit
- Ready to work with us in a small team and also with our members and other stakeholders to which you will provide project and programme related support services.
In A.SPIRE, we really enjoy working together in a good, happy and positive team spirit. You will be integrated in a dynamic, stimulating and challenging work environment. You will work in a cross-sectorial, innovative and international setting focusing on future-oriented services. We offer you a full time 1 year, contract which could be renewable.
Our policy is of non-discrimination on virtue of gender, origin, religion or other.
CONTACT AND DEADLINE:
Please, send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 4th August the latest.