"SUBSTITUTION means EVOLUTION", Final CRM_InnoNet Conference
On 17 June in Brussels, the CRM_InnoNet project is hosting a high level conference called "SUBSTITUTION means EVOLUTION". The conference will be your one-stop shop to find out all you need to know about substitution of critical raw materials (CRMs) in Europe. At the event you can:
- Learn about the opportunities provided by substitution and how it can solve technological challenges.
- Witness the state of play of substitution of CRMs in Europe with keynote speeches from companies and government bodies.
- Meet up with key EU industrial sectors in the area of substitution.
- Engage in discussions during dedicated panel debates to implement recommendations towards a European circular economy.
- Discuss with policy makers, industrial players, entrepreneurs and academia during the networking cocktail.
- Become part of the Innovation Network and meet potential partners for substitution projects in Horizon 2020.
At the conference you will also be able to explore applications of substitution in the exhibition space!
9:00 - 10:00h Registration
10:00- 10:05h Welcome & opening, Antonia Morales, Cefic
10:05 – 10:20h Keynote speech, Eva Kaili, MEP and first STOA Vice-chair
10:20 – 10:40h Keynote speech, tbc
10:40 – 11:00h US Strategy on RM, T. Lograsso, CMI
11:00-11:30h CRM_InnoNet, the project, Dr. C. Claessen, KTN
11:30-12:30h Research & Innovation Roadmaps
Chair and Introduction: Daniela Velte (Tecnalia)
- Motors & Drives: Lorenz Erdmann, ISI Fraunhofer
- Batteries: Aymeric Brunot, CEA
- PCBs: Ulla-Maija Mroueh, VTT
- Photonics: David Peck, TU Delft
- High-value alloys: Casper Van der Eijk, SINTEF
13:30 – 14:30h Benefits & challenges of CRM substitution, panel discussion
Chair: A. Morales (Cefic). Panelists: Inigo Charola (Graphenea), D. della Sala (ENEA – EIT RM KIC), L. Tercero Espinoza (ISI Fraunhofer), JRC (tbc)
14:30 – 15:30h RM Strategies and the role of substitution, panel discussion
Chair: D. Peck (TU Delft). Panelists: T. Lograsso (CMI), E. Gwchwindt (EIB), H. Gruenewald (Forschungszentrum Jülich), K. Tokamanis (DG RTD)
15:30 -15:50h Policy Recommendations, Ignacio Calleja, Tecnalia
15:50:16:00h Closure, Antonia Morales, Cefic
16:00h Networking Cocktail
There is no fee to attend the conference.