A.SPIRE is looking for an Executive Director (M/F)
The entrusted services include:
- Daily administrative management of the association
- Prepare, coordinate and follow-up on the work of the decision-making bodies of the association (i.e. the Board of Directors, the General Assembly)
- Develop and implement the annual A.SPIRE strategy in terms of:
- management of the partnership between the public partner (i.e. the European Commission) and the private partner (i.e. the Association) through activities such as meetings & conferences, preparation of the annual progress report, etc.
- coordination of work process on content development in view of the Horizon 2020 calls
- management of and support to the internal technical Working Groups; work closely together with the chair of the Industrial Research & Innovation Advisory Group to ensure complementarity between the technical expertise and the policy aspects of the organization
- organisation of internal and external activities, including communication and dissemination
- management of resources, budget and personnel
- Develop and implement strategic policy activities to be undertaken by A.SPIRE in the framework of the policy discussions towards the impact assessment of Horizon2020 as well as towards the build-up of the next Research & Innovation framework programme; design strategies to connect, support and impact other European and national policy initiatives related to the process industry’s objectives of competitiveness and sustainability; conduct negotiations with representatives of the European institutions and Member States at high or working level accordingly
- Contribute to the development of the association’s membership basis and secure the provision of assistance and added value to members in their SPIRE and related activities
- Ensure the development and implementation of smooth work relationships between members in SPIRE and throughout the representation of their interests within the organisational structure of the association
- Represent SPIRE in external events, conferences and other activities
- Identify links with other supporting initiatives / instruments, connect and design activities that would enhance the (technological, political, economic and social) impact of SPIRE
Experience and qualifications needed:
- Diploma in Business Management and/or European affairs
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in association management or management of large groups; excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in working with the European institutions and Member States at political and technical levels
- Close familiarity with one or several of the eight industrial sectors (and ideally their challenges and research & innovation needs)
- Close familiarity with the European Commission’s Research & Innovation Framework Programme, Horizon2020
- Independent, dynamic, flexible, pro-active, open-minded and result-driven
- Excellent analytical, strategic, communication and writing skills
- The ability to work autonomously and perfectly manage time and priorities
- Able to multitask and take initiatives
- An easy-going personality with a friendly, professional and helpful attitude
- Excellent command of written and spoken English; additional languages are an asset
A.SPIRE offers an attractive package and the prospect of growing a strong network at the interface between policy makers and several key industrial sectors in Europe.
The successful candidate is expected to start as soon as possible.
Please send your letter of motivation, CV and references by October 14th, 2016 eob, to Mr. Koen Coppenholle (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note that only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
For more information on SPIRE and A.SPIRE: www.spire2030.eu