A.SPIRE is Hiring: Project/Programme Manager (M/F)
Open Position at A.SPIRE
A.SPIRE is a non-profit European Association managing and implementing the SPIRE Public-Private Partnership, an instrument of the European Commission’s programme for research & innovation, Horizon2020. It represents eight European industrial sectors (i.e. cement, ceramics, chemicals, engineering, minerals and ores, non-ferrous metals, steel and water) and the research & innovation interests of more than 140 members (companies and research & technology organisations). The mission of A.SPIRE is to ensure the development of enabling technologies and best practices along all the stages of large scale existing value chain productions that will contribute to a resource efficient process industry.
As programme manager, you will be responsible of two main areas: 1) SPIRE projects overview, monitoring of their capacity of impact and identification of success stories. You will contribute with technological understanding and will define how the association can contribute to maximize impact (e.g. exploitation of results); 2) you will have an overview of H2020 SPIRE calls and of the developments of FP9 and will contribute to membership involvement actions in direct collaboration with the Executive Director. Collaboration with the rest of the team will be fundamental.
SPIRE PROJECTS’ IMPACT MONITORING & SUPPORT
• Keep a fluent communication with project coordinators on the projects’ developments.
• Represent A.SPIRE in SPIRE projects’ kick-off meetings when required.
• Capturing progress, knowledge and technological developments generated from the projects. Analyze data and elaborate statistics and reports assessing impact.
• Identify success stories and identify tools to maximize impact. Set up mechanisms to support the effective transferability and exploitation of finished projects’ results.
• Support information exchange between projects which address the same calls and related areas across sectors (including joint events).
PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT & MEMBERSHIP INVOLVEMENT
• Support in targeted actions for the eight sectors and in gathering and editing information related to calls for proposals, news or other relevant documents (in collaboration with the Executive Director)
• Deal with the management and engagement of SPIRE working groups and members in general.
• Support the WGs in the development of proposals and ad-hoc documents.
• Deal with the relationship of SPIRE with other PPPs
• Organize and collaborate in the organization of targeted events/meetings to involve SPIRE community. (e.g. Thematic workshops).
PROJECT MANAGEMENT OF A.SPIRE PROJECTS
• Overall management and implementation of the A.SPIRE actions as project partner.
• WP leadership (in WP where A.SPIRE is the leader).
• Projects’ budget control, reporting and contribution to deliverables
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE – REQUIRED
PLEASE, ABSTAIN FROM SENDING AN APPLICATION IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AN ENGINEERING BACKGROUND OR KNOWLEDGE ON H2020
• Bachelor degree in engineering or other area related to A.SPIRE sectors. A master in a related subject would be an asset.
• Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience
• Experience in European and R&I innovation projects and knowledge on H2020 and on areas related to industry and SPIRE sectors
• Understanding of EU policies related to circular economy, sustainability assessment, digitizing Europe or related
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND LANGAUGES
• Excellent spoken and written English. Other languages are an asset
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Outlook and MS Office (Word, Excel)
• Experience in project management
• Should be well organized, flexible and open-minded
• Proactive, able to work autonomously and to take full responsibility of assigned tasks in short time
• A team player with real social and communication skills and good at multi-tasking in a collaborative and helpful spirit
• Ready to work with us in a small team and also with our members and other stakeholders to which you will provide project and programme related support services.
Our policy is of non-discrimination on virtue of gender, origin, religion or other.
Starting date: immediate
Please, send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 8th March 2018 the latest.